MEET HUSTLA JAY


 
HustlaJay

P.U: WHATS YOUR REAL NAME AND YOUR STAGE NAME? 
A:My names are JAMES MASAI PAUL. Named after great grandfather and my grandfather. On the streets call me Jay my Hip-Hop Names are Hustlajay aka Methusuela n Swila Mchiriza Sumu. 
P.U:WHEN DID YOU START DOING MUSIC? 
A: ok nilianza mziki maeneo ya mtongwe inspiration za ukoo flani my mentor nguchi pee alininspire kuandika concious and back in high school i used to write and freestyle during events. 
P.U: EEH SO CAN WE SAY THAT YOUR MUSIC CAREER HAD A SMOOTH KICK OFF?
A:starting wasn't that easy for lack of funds and also i yearned for a real producer who would real understand what i wanted african tunes to be me to produce real beats,we used to walk to studio go spend day without food just motivating each other one day one time just like a sailor awaits for his day to stowaway,music is a journey u plant and got to be strong enough to wait for reaping of its fruits 
P.U: YEAH,SO WHEN DID YOU DO YOUR FIRST SONG?
A:one day i steped at ufuoni records and did my first song real song minyororo ya haki ft prudence of tpf 4 before i had done hamna noma with morbiz of thundersound
P.U:WHICH SONG BROUGHT YOU TO THE LIMELIGHT?
A: minyororo ya haki opened my dream for real i did a video with briyan kyallo msafiri of iamthefuturetv that was back 2010 followed by tunachohitaji song ft nje the producer
N BRIEF,PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOUR MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT....
A: my music is mostly focused on social issues and i like africa for my cultures are rich africa is great.
P.U: HOW DID YOU SHIFT FROM COAST TO NAIROBI? 
A: one day i met Tedd josiah who liked my concept and the conciousness on my projects and invited me to sand stone studios.i am glad to say Tedd was the person i was waiting for all those years,i am glad to say he is Dr.dre of africa for he is a mentor and has love for telling africa stories working with him my audio continental scars audio and video was fantastic.
P.U: AND YOU DO SPOKENWORD TOO....? 
A:yeah we host lastwordstanding with friends mauko,fikra teule ,fatma ,jamila ,sewe,yasin in alliance francasie mombasa every month all about creating platform on hiphop poetry n spoken word ONE P.U:
LAST WORD FOR US...
A:tukimalizia i believe our media needs to be the role model of future generation by playing food for thought music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MSANII KIJANA RANNY WA KADEM KUMBE KAJIUNGA NA KIKOSI CHA POLISI........pata uhondo hapa.

MKISEMA WAREMBO HAWAJAZAWA....TAZAMENI PICHA ZA VIDEO HII INAYOKUJA!!!