EXCLUSIVE ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW: MEET MUSICIAN ZAKKY


PWANI USANII:WHATS YOUR REAL NAME AND WHICH NAME DO YOU USE ON STAGE?

ZAKKY:I'm Michael Ethikon and musically known as Zakky.

PWANI USANII:TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.

ZAKKY:I was born in 1993 in Nakuru and brought up in central province,went to Purple Heart Academy,then joined Kirimara High School.

PWANI USANII:WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO DO MUSIC?

ZAKKY:To me, music inspiration came from my late cousin who was known as Kelvin Lokom,musicaly known as Kylo,who realized that I had vocals after he found me singing his written songs.
That was way back in class seven where i only concentrated with my education and my aim was to join a good high school and finally make it to the university.I wrote songs,then sing them to Kylo,and he would congratulate me, this made me write many songs before completing my primary school.I also used to sing in church services back in Purple heart academy.

PWANI USANII:SO WHAT HAPPENED IN HIGH SCHOOL?

ZAKKY:In highschool,thanks to God,in form two,a popular gospel artist came up.He was young and had a good song which got alot of airplay and lots of people liked his song.Because of his age which i termed as courage i realized that its getting late and I'm sitting on my talent.
In the same time, I faced challenges in raising my school facing,and this made me remain at home for almost three weeks,and this when I thought that it was the end my education,I hustled for money, and I had raised ksh4000 ,I went to maxton media studio to record my first song called 'kuinama'.

PWANI USANII: SO DID YOUR SONG 'KUINAMA' GET AIRPLAY?

ZAKKY:No, it was in poor quality perhaps because of studios exploitation of upcoming artists,I got platforms in school after the principal ordered for to go back to school,I went back with my music disc,I performed the song in school,and various rallies in school and this gave me courage and earned the name 'msanii'
That time,my musical name was 'Mikky boy.'
My second song,students carriend out a simple harambee during preps time,and raised ksh 7000,went back to studio during the holiday,recorded my second song 'byebye' which was well received,and perfomed it in various audiences .

PWANI USANII:TELL US ABOUT YOUR CURRENT PROJECT.
ZAKKY:Currently, I decided to write a very good song tittled MAMA MCHAWI ..which is a song mainly condeming hypocrisy in the society.I recorded the song in Uganda,produced by producer Gestah, XCB studios,video directed by Skylink Media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MSANII KIJANA RANNY WA KADEM KUMBE KAJIUNGA NA KIKOSI CHA POLISI........pata uhondo hapa.

MKISEMA WAREMBO HAWAJAZAWA....TAZAMENI PICHA ZA VIDEO HII INAYOKUJA!!!